Tuesday, April 19, 2011

a good day

Once again had a wonderful weekend!! Today, though, today was a good day that made me think, "Wow, I need to blog about this day! This is a genuinely good day!"


I woke up to an email setting up an internship interview for this Friday morning with THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE in Austin!!! Super pumped! That, will have you wake up in a good mood! 


I also had a reply about an internship with Austin Music and Film Office and by mid-afternoon had an interview set up for Monday!!! ahh!! I got two interviews set up in one day! 
It's uplifting, especially when you feel like you're not going to get an interview at all...
I picked up another application to re-apply at the University Star for the summer today, as well.  And I have a friend who has put in a good word for me, so that's helpful this time around! 
And as a shout out to her: She got her internship at the New Braunfels newspaper! So super congrats to her on that one!
Wrote my first press release today, feel pretty confident about it. :)
OH! I registered for fall and got all my classes that I needed!!


My friend Brittany just started as a consultant for Mary Kay and had her first Mary Kay Party tonight! It was a lot of fun, and I discovered that I would totally wear only Mary Kay makeup if I wasn't on the tightest budget EVER!!! So I basically figured out that my summer is going to be CRAZY busy; but that's good right?! But seriously: internship, working at the paper and hopefully a job since both of those things are great for my future but completely unpaid...blahhh


Tomorrow after class I get to go shop for interview clothes!! woohoo :)


So here's a great quote I came across on StumbleUpon the other day:


"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness." 
 Hunter S. Thompson (The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman 1955-67)


enjoy the newest video from one of my (now) favorite bands :)


don't forget your self-respect, lovveess! be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment