Friday, November 25, 2011

let me be...

Today something hit me that bothered me...quite a bit...which bothered me even more because the past week has been nothing but utter fabulousness!

(Quick side-track!)
I hope everyone had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving!! Mine was, without a doubt, pure amazingness. Not only was there tons of cooking, eating and wine-drinking, but there was amazing family time as well! I could not have asked for a more relaxing or entertaining time.  I love every last person that was here this Thanksgiving!

FABULOUS!

(Back on track...)

Anyways, this even plays a little into my last post, it hit me like a ton of bricks!(I've totally always wanted to be able to use that expression! heh)
It's so hard for someone to be their own person and be true to who they are without someone critiquing it, these days! Which is incredibly sad. I mean, yes, we open ourselves up to critique when we allow our lives to be broadcast on the internet through Facebook, Twitter and...well...blogging, haha! But, I just got this feeling today...why can't we just let everyone be who they are without being critical about it.
Those of you who know me may think that this sounds a little hypocritical...(those of you who don't know me, I can be suuuuch a bitch about random people...i'm definitely capable of 'super-judginess'...)
But, today I just couldn't stop thinking about how much everyone judges each other.  It's almost just a natural reflex for most of us.
If you are sitting here thinking, "uhh, maybe you're just a judgey bitch with a guilty conscience. i do NOT judge people!" I want you to really, really think...you know you do it! And if you really, really and truly don't...then congratulations! I'm jealous.
I know there are bigger problems in our world right now...much, much bigger. But, I honestly think it's horrible how we have gotten to the point that we cannot just let people be who they are, without judgement.

Try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment