I mean, we could hear the yelling from way down Congress Ave, and I don't work at the Capitol anymore, so I was really excited to actually see what was going on in person. I saw quite a few disturbing things, but I won't go off on all those; however, I have to share one sight:
I saw two women with about a 3 year-old little girl. They had dressed her in a white shirt, all nice and bedazzled, and had written a little statement on it: "MY BODY MY DECISION"
Do you realize how sick that is? You know what wasn't her decision? Wearing that shirt. Coming to that rally. I bet 99% of what that little girl did today wasn't her decision. I wanted to get a picture, but I was wearing blue (the color of the prolifers) and knew that probably wouldn't go over well.
Anyways, so it was definitely smaller than it had been, and we just stood there and watched and listened for a little bit.
One of the chants I heard:
- "Not church! Not state! Women must decide their fate!"
- Okay, it's catchy. My friend's foot started tapping after a little bit, but there's some problems here: you're not exactly deciding your own fate, you're deciding the fate of the child in your womb. So...what about that child who could one day be a woman? Guess what! She doesn't get to decide her fate if you decide it for her....hmmm, rethinking that chant aren't we? Also, you yell "THIS IS NOT A THEOCRACY" and "BLAH SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE BLAAHH"...but, when it's convenient for your argument, you throw out that in the Jewish faith, the embryo is considered part of the woman's anatomy. Gotta love that, huh? And, let's not even go into the fact that you all LOVE O-care and, wait, who's that deciding your healthcare regulations...?
That's only one of their chants...it's the one that stuck the most and contained no profanity.
But, even all those arguments I just used to counter that -- it gets us off track; because this bill is not taking away anyone's right to choose to have an abortion, as long as it's before 20 weeks. Do you realize how long 20 weeks is? That's 5 months. 5 months isn't long enough for you to make this choice? Let me tell you something dear, if you're still debating an abortion by the 5 month mark, it's probably because something -- whether it be beliefs, conscience, situation, some part of you wanting that child...-- something is keeping you from seriously wanting to get rid of that child.
So what does this bill do? Close all the clinics and ban all the abortions?
No. Not at all.
This bill gives clinics about a year to raise their standars to the same standards of ambulatory surgical centers, and ensures that the doctors at these clinics have admitting rights at nearby hospitals in case of complications.
It also takes the threshold of a legal abortion from 6 months to 5 months. That should save some 350-400 lives per year. And with the 70,000+ abortions performed per year...sounds like there's still room for choice.
Now, if clinics do not want to take some of their profits and use them to raise their standards...then once this bill goes into effect (believe it's September of 2014) they will be closed. But, seriously...why wouldn't you want these clinics to have the same standards as any other surgical clinic? Honestly, are you going to take your child, spouse, sibling, parent, friend, self, etc. to a back-room-style clinic to even get a check up?! Why would you put yourself through that?
Wave your wire coat hangers around all you want (tasteful and classy, I know) but this bill is ensuring that no one has to go through that anymore.
Studies have shown that 62% of Americans support a ban on late-term abortion. Liberal European countries like France, have a threshold of 12 weeks.
This is a common-sense piece of legislation. It is not removing anyone's rights. It is protecting the lives of women and saving babies. That's it. The rest is up to the clinics. It is THEIR decision if they close down. They can play the victim of a terrible and overreaching government all they want, but the fact is. it is them choosing not to raise their standards that will get them shut down.
The rhetoric you hear from all the pro-aborts, is brought to you by organizations like MoveOn.org, the Occupy movement, Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and the National Socialist Movement....bought and paid for, complete with ridiculously political overtones. Their goal? "Turn Texas Blue." And, I'm not kidding when I say this movement is bought and paid for...
The facts. That's why I Stand 4 Life.
Please feel free to use this photo as your Facebook Cover Photo. And, tomorrow at noon, if you are a twitter user, please join myself and thousands of others in standing for life during a TweetFest. Simply use our hashtag and tweet reasons you #Stand4Life. Let's let our message be heard, this time around. In a respectful and powerful way.
Also, I'll be happy to show you any other sources of things I've stated in this post. All you have to do is ask.

No comments:
Post a Comment