Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tribute

My sweet, sweet grandfather passed away this afternoon. It was not at all unexpected; but it's still a bit of a shock to the system to realize that I am physically grandparent-less...

(at my high school graduation...it's the quickest one I could find...)


This is the man who instilled a deep fear and love of God into my father, who then passed that on to my brother...and eventually knocked into my hard head.

I am positive he is the root of the crazy work ethic that runs through our blood. I remember doing a family tree project in 7th grade and being immensely proud when I delved into the Williamson-family history. He served as a member of the Civilian Conservation Corps, started by Franklin Roosevelt, and travelled the country building roads, highways, state/national parks, etc.

The man ate as slow as anything I've ever witnessed...why? Because he absolutely had a million different stories to tell and LOVED telling them!

Anyway, he lived an extremely full 98 years. I can only hope that I am able to live that long and stay as healthy as he did. We love you, Pap! I know Granny is happy you've finally joined her up in heaven. I'm sure she's giving you all sorts of a hard time for taking so long!


My sweet momma said it better and more concise than I could:




May angels lead you in...




No comments:

Post a Comment