I have neglected you, for far too long, and for that I deeply apologize. See, it's my last summer as a college student and I've been neglecting pretty much EVERYTHING this summer. I'm back with a vengeance, now!
I'm slowly starting to get back into the groove of reading the news every day and being a real human being again...which is why I'm back. I need to get back to expressing my opinions on what's going on in the world!
Speaking of which...let's talk about this Chick-Fil-A "Controversy", shall we? Unless people are going to start boycotting me for simply expressing my views...
Come on, now, people. We all know this is getting blown WAY out of proportion. The amount of media coverage surrounding a simple expression of beliefs is absolutely wild. So, let's lay out all the facts:
- The owners of Chick-Fil-A are, and always have been, outspoken Christians. Hence why they are closed on Sundays. They've never tried to hide that fact one bit. So, honestly, would you really have to ask to know what their feelings on gay marriage would most likely be?
- They never said "WE HATE GAYS AND WILL NOT EMPLOY THEM OR ALLOW THEM TO EAT OUR CHICKEN!" or anything remotely close to that.
- We live in a country that is supposed to be tolerant of people expressing their opinions and beliefs. (See: First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.)
There are far more important things we could be spending our time debating, protesting, and covering in the media than this simple expression of an opinion.
I have nothing against equal rights or homosexuals. I also will not feel guilty for eating my Chargrilled Wrap and drinking my Sweet Tea, because they never said they HATE and will NOT TOLERATE homosexuals.
Much love, guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment