So, I'm home for Christmas. It's my first night here. I almost fell asleep on the way home, was on the verge of sleep on my parents' couch watching old movies earlier...
(sidenote, if you have any sort of appreciation for old movies...and to define that, I mean pre-1970s, 80s and 90s movies are not "old" yet! And quite honestly, I wouldn't consider 70s movies old either and maybe not even 60s...you MUST watch the Thin Man movies!! William Powell and Myrna Loy may be my favorite on screen couple EVER!! anywaayyyss...)
I'm practically falling over on my way to my bed, put on Midnight in Paris (a FABULOUS new movie :) ) and now I'm back to my usual sleepless self...of course!
There's no tv in my room here and my laptop and the wireless don't get along so I'm down in the study on their old desktop! Officially feel like I'm in high school again and my mom's gonna wake up and come yell at me for being on AIM and MySpace when I should be up in bed! Except now I'm Pinteresting and blogging with a glass of wine.
Although, she may get ticked that I'm using a regular glass instead of a wine glass...(my "terrible college student ways" haha)
It was so funny that I was watching Myrna Loy earlier and just wishing I could go back and live in the '30s and be her friend!! (When did all the class and beauty and style of that era go out of style and WHY?!) And then I watch Midnight in Paris which basically provides the insight that every era has a "Golden Age" that they wish to go back to but you just need to stop living a life of wishing you could go back somewhere you've never even been and make the most of your present. Maybe even try to do something with your life that will make you a reason that eventually someone will think of today as the "Golden Age"...
But I digress...
(I do love saying that randomly, heh)
Last thought of the night...
You know how they say "life's not fair"...? Well they're damn right!!
And it SUCKS!!!
But.......it's unfair to everyone in its own way, and I bet you can find a lot of people that have way less "fair" lives than you do. So suck it up and get over your petty little problems and think about someone else!
:)
Okay, the desktop doesn't want me to post a video for whatever reason...sooo...
Go listen to Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson ORRR any She & Him Christmas song...or whatever song you want! But preferably Christmas because it's officially Christmas Eve, Eve :)
Hope you all enjoy what you give and receive!
Night, loveess!
No comments:
Post a Comment