hello friends,
I know you've missed me...I apologize for my lengthy absence, my computer took a shit and there was tons of crap involved with replacing it...
So let's see...
The Attorney General internship has begun!! Everyone I work with is amazing, so far and I got my 1st two article assignments on Wednesday!! I'll definitely be coming here for practice and feedback :)
They are both for the July editions of their division and Texas OAG newsletters. One is for the wellness section, any topic of my choosing. The other is an introductory piece of all the OAG interns(in the STATE!)
Friday I went and observed child support hearings and negotiations in court. It was pretty sketchy, but also very interesting! Sadly, I was on my lunch break during the most exciting part...someone got kicked out of the court room for being belligerent! Unfortunately I am not at liberty to give much more detail on my day than that. It was definitely something I would consider doing again.
OH! So my birthday was about two weeks ago! TWENTY-ONE!! woohoo! haha
I don't remember most of the night before when we went out to the bars, but the day of was both extremely fun and exhausting. I got to spend it with some of my favorite people floating the San Marcos River :)
Last weekend I went home to celebrate with my family, went to a super nice and yummy mexican place, got some queso fundido, margaritas, enchiladas verdes....yuumm!! And the next morning we had brunch and mimosas (double yumm!)
I got extremely spoiled, too. I had to get a new laptop(and may i say, i LOVE my new baby macbook pro!) so I figured that would be my present bc it was so damn expensive. Apparently with my good grades and new internship my dad decided i deserved a little more, so he got me an iPhone 4! woop!
LOVE it!!!
So now, I'm applying for jobs since my internship is unpaid and just being super busy! I love it! I feel responsible and productive and it's a really good feeling to be doing something that you know is really going to benefit you in the long run!
I'm sure there's tons more I can say about the time I had no computer, but for tonight i'll just leave you with this video(because I've decided Miranda and I are the same person...except she's GORGEOUS and has Blake Shelton and is famous and...okay so not really the SAAME, but you know...)
No comments:
Post a Comment