Take today for instance:
I screwed up my and my friend's project(that was going to be AMAZING) because of a small, stupid mistake. We've been video interviewing to make our last website about professors and after almost 10 minutes my camera died. DUMBDUMBDUMBDUMBDUMB!!!!!! He was kind of annoyed, and I do NOT blame him! I should have realized how much we had done the day before and charged the battery over night last night. Lesson learned.
Now, our project will definitely be amazing still!! Guaranteed!!! I will definitely post it up on here for ya'll to see our wonderful work :)
Anyway, I think I had a mini anxiety attack when it was all over. I think I've been injected with something that sucks the life out of batteries...my camera died, my computer died, my camera died AGAIN (luckily, we got most everything we needed the second time), and then on my way home, mid-conversation with my mother, my phone died! I freaked out. I can admit it. Luckily, I was home a couple seconds later and plugged it in before my phone interview.
Speeeaaaking of which :) I've been officially offered an internship! Entercom, a huge radio broadcasting company, has a branch in Austin with 3 stations. The promotions and events department wants ME! I can't get over it when I have good interviews!! It went fabulously! I was super nervous about it but it was great! And at the end of the conversation she offered it to me!
One problem: second interview with the AG's office is next week...both, while very different experiences, are fabulous learning experiences! If I get offered the AG one too I, honestly and as crazy as I may sound, do not know how I'll pick!! I mean some people may look at me like I'm a crazy person and wonder how I would have trouble choosing between a radio station and a Judicial official...but honestly they would both be fabulous opportunities!
I believe that by the middle of next week my life will just settle and I will physically feel the weight that will be lifted off my shoulders! Just in time for my 21st birthday :) :) :)
And then right after that things will start to get crazy again! But a good crazy.
Okay people, learn from my experiences:
- flash drives are your best friends! get the biggest one you can afford and keep it on hand at all times!
- back up batteries! soo necessary!!
- and if you are doing a project such as mine: keep chargers, backups and MORE backups on hand!!
- take care of important things; my computer is falling apart after only 3 years, i don't care if you're the richest person in the world and can buy a new laptop every day! take care of it! if you're like me, it has your life on it and if it just dies, you'll have a panic attack! and no one wants to have to witness that!
- organize! organize! organize!
- interviews: whether interviewer or interviewee; it will only go as well as you prepare for it! sometimes you get lucky, but if you want a guaranteed good interview: do your homework on the person/organization, take notes, keep necessary things on hand(resumes, information, notes and a list of questions)
- social media: come on people! it's pounded in your head! do NOT display your ridiculousness online, not only do I not care how many times you can curse in one measly status update at 5 am (let alone what you're doing awake at 5 am!) or how many drinks you can consume; but businesses really will look you up and your early morning/late night, drunken, stoned etc rants, raves and pictures WILL bite you in the ass! c'mon guys, try to be a little bit classy!
- and I am not judging, here! I've had my share of drunk, sober, angry, sad rants! I've posted and been tagged in my share of not-so-classy pictures...buuuuut, I grew up, quit and untagged! DOOO IT!
- cheesy things that could be your new best friends: researching things you hear about and don't know enough about; learning new words daily(yes, i'm trying to get around saying "word of the day" anything); watch/listen to/read more news...keeping up with current events will help you in everything...and develop opinions, your own opinions
- READ, READ, READ, READ!! every day. read anything. read everything. reading keeps you up on current events, keeps you up on past events, increases your vocabulary and your knowledge, increases your writing skills, and most importantly takes your through the lives and experiences of the characters and helps you learn!
sorry for lecturing, lovvees! here's a beautiful cover of Bon Iver's Skinny Love:
No comments:
Post a Comment