I could not have imagined a better experience. I met and sat down with 5 of the most kind, open and intelligent people that I have gotten the pleasure to sit and talk with. All of them, including the Director of Communications, took time out of their day to meet me, talk with me about where I would like to go with my career and give me extremely valuable advice to help me succeed.
They all were genuinely interested in seeing that I get equipped with information and experiences to help me succeed in the future.
I left the office today shaking because of the adrenaline high I was on from spending time with these people.
I went to lunch with two of them and got to sit and have intelligent conversation about current events and get advice from media relations professionals! I felt...grown up! (as completely un-grown up and that sounds ahhaha!)
I met people who are willing to stay in contact with me, give me further advice, and be a contact and reference for me in the future.
I met on girl who I honestly hope I can say I have had as much experience as she has by the time I'm her age. She graduated from Texas in 2007, about a week later she moved to DC. Worked for reps on both the House and Senate side; lived and worked in DC for 4 years. Came back to Austin, worked with Senator Cornyn and now has an office right next to the Director of Communications of the OAG.
If I could clone a career and make it mine, I would SO do it with hers!
This internship keeps on inspiring me to focus on my future and work harder than I have ever worked before.
I cannot wait to get my career going!
(Next post: tips for success, as directly and indirectly advised from media relations professionals...)
Nighty night, lovveess!!
No comments:
Post a Comment